Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Latest Happenings

These past few weeks have been pretty activity-filled.

In May there was Laura's birthday celebration. Surprisingly enough, I was the only one not to get plastered. I guess I exercised self-restraint because I was the designated driver. Yet, I managed to: (1) get on the wrong freeway and (2) miss the last non-SF exit. Consequently, Beth and I enjoyed a tour of Yerba Buena Island as we turned back so we can head back home instead of crossing the bay bridge.







There was also that hot day in May. I decided to work a half-day and hang out at Ocean Beach until late. Although the water was cold, I managed to jump into the ocean for a few minutes. I also got to enjoy watching the sunset with Rey.







I've been on a few challenging bike rides (e.g., lower body weight training on a Friday, followed by climbing some of SF's notorious steep hills on Saturday, and completing the torture training with a ride to Mt. Tam with very little fuel in my tank on Sunday).

There was also another May birthday celebration I got to enjoy: TO's very own Jeff Sobul looking very dapper and happy on his birthday.



I also got to watch some of my capoeirista friends in action at Union Square.





Of course, there's always time to catch a live Brazilian band.




This past weekend I went to Rey's triathlon in Sacramento. He and his teammates did very well. Oh, and imagine my surprise when I see a Team Oakland racer there. Yup, Scott Cole was there doing the bike leg (his attendance was part of his office's team-building endeavor.)





Lastly, I did kayaking for the first time this past weekend. Pretty fun stuff.





I'm looking forward to more adventures this summer!

5 comments:

place_holder said...

I like your t-shirt.

Laura said...

Had no idea you took the scenic way home! I should have had you follow me, though that's not always a good idea either....

Dying to hear how you liked the duathlon!

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

hey, Carol! it was great to meet you yesterday. congratulations on your race!!! and thanks for the motivation on the bike.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

ps -- I sent some photos to Marie for you.

Carol G said...

Laurie, thanks for the pics and for keeping me motivated on the bike as well. =)